New 2014 CRF250L Owner - OEM Parts Source

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L General Discussion' started by apexal, Dec 23, 2016.

1. apexal

apexal New Member

I just bought a 2014 CRF250L that is used but new to me. This bike has just 402 miles on it and the seller just had the bike serviced which cost him nearly $400. It's a very nice bike.

So the first thing I want to ask is what is a good source for OEM Honda parts? I know that Bike Bandit has an OEM parts FISCHE but I once had a bad experience with them. I also note that Motosport and Babbitts Honda have a parts FISCHE. Do these companies sell genuine Honda parts or are they reproductions?

What I'm mainly looking for is the two rear side covers (white) and the chain guard. If any members have these parts in excellent/new condition I'd be willing to buy them.

I look forward to tinkering with my new Honda this winter and even more so, riding this thing when spring arrives.

2. apexal

apexal New Member

Oh, come on. This is my first thread on here. Won't anybody give me a reply? Don't make me beg.

Alex likes this.
  3. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Welcome to the forum, I am no use with your request for info as I live in Blighty, Have fun on the bike but why wait for spring (or is it that bad where you live, even snow is good fun when away from traffic)

4. apexal

apexal New Member

Thanks for the welcome. This forum seems to be pretty dead so I've been using ThumperTalk and ADVrider quite a bit. For what it's worth, I used Rocky Mountain ATV for the OEM parts.

superfunkomatic likes this.
  5. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I have ben using facebook along side this forum "CRF250L Mods Liberate your LRP"

6. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I've generally used bike bandit / revzilla / dennis kirk for mc parts - but have started to use Amazon for some more generic motorcycle parts. With a part number, searching that site often comes up with different sellers.

7. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Appreciate you stopping by here. You're right - the traffic here is still a bit light, but it's been progressively growing over the past 2 - 3 months. At some point, the hope is that once there is a critical mass of enough 250 owners in one place, it starts to build on itself. I've always felt that a model-specific forum seems to build a stronger community over time. I also have always preferred a more organized forum-type structure like this compared to a single-level thread, or a single-level social media group / mailing list. But time will tell if things will catch on in a big way here. If there's anything I can do in terms of features, processes, or anything else to make it more useful/entertaining to post here, I'm always open to suggestions.

Cheers!

8. Devo

Devo New Member

Partzilla has good prices. They’re in Florida so quick East Coast shipping