Corbin Seat

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Farkles' started by Alex, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I replaced the stock seat on the bike for the service, thinking they might have to go underneath it for something or other. Just in the short ride to/from the shop, I was quickly reminded why I wanted the Corbin in the first place. No doubt at this point, it's much comfier than the stock seat for me.

2. Matt

Matt New Member

I am about to buy mine, but wanted to see if any other options had come available since these posts? I think corbin is gonna be the best bet to keep you comfortable the longest?

Thanks for the help!

3. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

I am about to rip my stock seat open and replace the foam (aka petrified wood) with some memory foam. I did this on my Ninja 300 and I love it! I will have to be more careful on this seat since the shape is so crucial to the bike but we will see how it comes out. Cool thing is, if I dont like it I will be out just a few bucks so no biggie to try this first. Would love a Corbin but thats a bit more cash then I care to spend.....plus I have been told, "Once you go Corbin, your butt wont go back to anything else" and all I need is a high maintenance butt! :rolleyes:

4. Matt

Matt New Member

Good points Vman! I am not as hands on as you and don't think I would be very successful at re-foaming my own seat. I figured if im gonna spend 270 on a seat concepts I might as well come up with the extra dough to get what from my research has seems to be a top of the line seat (in the corbin) I hope this means i wont have to drop $300+ for a corbin seat on all my future bikes :)

I figured it would be worth it to keep my back and bum comfy...I will update and let yall know if it was!

5. Matt

Matt New Member

ah! a few are trying to convince me to go with seat concepts instead...but my gut says corbin.. anyone have some last minute advice?

6. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

I guess these are great but so damn expensive! Why not just go to your local upholsterer and have them do a seat for you? Then you can really customize it. And save a ton of money! Did mine here in Thai (yeah its easy) and I think much better, cost $30, took all the pics from the other guys and told them what I wanted--can be done in your own town also! Save the bucks for beer!

7. yokohs

yokohs New Member

Alex,
    I'm looking at picking up a Corbin saddle, what color is the welt you went with? They have a couple red color options for the welt and yours looks to be the same one I was looking for. Thanks!

8. Matt

Matt New Member

I went with no welt and have no complaints! I went against my instinct, I originally wanted a welt but took someones advice to not get it. Now I think I like the clean look of no welt better

9. yokohs

yokohs New Member

Thanks Matt, any chance you went with the asphalt side paneling? I like it, but I'm not sure how we'll it'll hold up if gets wet/rained on occasionally...

10. Matt

Matt New Member

I went black carbon fiber top and asphalt sides...it has some grip but not super abrasive..the top is nice and smooth..I havn't gotten it that wet yet though

11. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Here was my order:

Attached Files:

12. Mattbkk

Mattbkk New Member

Hey Hockeyrick, I live in Bangkok, where did you get your seat done? Still satisfied with it? I want to do the same, for longer trips into Laos, Cambodia, etc. Cheers!

13. DESERT VIPER

DESERT VIPER New Member

I bought the same Corbin as yours .....I haven't mounted it yet but I did test fir it and the mounting holes are going to be a tight fit....I'm going to install my IMS 3 gallon tank first then the Corbin....I bought a Pro-Moto billet rack but I think Honda changed the rear fender/inner fender on the 2015 because it is for a 2013/2014 and the mounting holes are way off. I'm sending pictures to Pro Moto billet and I'll let you know what the outcome is...Randy

14. kayakersteve

kayakersteve New Member

My Corbin is around 4 months old with around 1000 miles on it. All I can say is "I love it!"

Attached Files:

Alex likes this.
  15. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Sure is a good looking seat, loving the Red accent,
    If it is as comfy as looks it would be like an armchair

16. Davo

Davo New Member

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Hi Alex ..., the seat looks great and really sets off the bike as well as not being a P.I.T.A like the stock seat is.

Alex, these photos were from 2013 ..., what I would love to hear is an updated (test of time) report for you Corbin seat in 2017 o_O
    ..., as I have been reading that the WELT is not recommended for Dual Sport Bikes ..,

- How is your RED WELT standing up to the test of time, has it started to wear yet at all ?
    - Also Alex , what about the condition of the LEATHER, are you still happy with the choice or do you now wish you selected Vinyl ?

I soon plan to buy a 2017 CRF 250 RALLY , and also a Corbin seat to go with it, although I will be selecting Vinyl as I live in Indonesia and the humidity does not go too well with leather as it tends to go mouldy.

17. Davo

Davo New Member

Hi Beardo,
    How many Miles / Kilometers would you say before the seat 'breaks in' from your riding experience on a Corbin Seat ?

.., and just to be specific ...,
    - by broken in do you mean the foam settles in to the shape of your butt more ..., or ?
    - how much of a difference in comfort is to be expected once it is broken in compared to new ?

18. BigBus33

BigBus33 New Member

How does the height differ from the factory seat? I'm considering this same seat but have read that it lowers the seat height once compressed. Is that true? I'm heavy for this bike and the height is perfect as is.

19. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Welt is fine, leather is fine. I've always preferred the leather covering on Corbins, and this one is no different.

I don't notice a difference. The Corbin seat might be slightly lower, but it is firmer so you probably don't sink into it as much. It's not going to make a noticeable difference in height while sitting on the bike.

20. Wynstonn

Wynstonn New Member

Since you are now experienced with both, do you like the Seat Concepts or the Corbin for your crf250?