The resistor you need if you remove the air injection on 17 models on

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by Charleyscrfl, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Charleyscrfl

Charleyscrfl New Member

2. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Good info ta.

3. Sak CRF-L

Sak CRF-L New Member

What do the resistors do?

4. Charleyscrfl

Charleyscrfl New Member

The resistor tricks the computer into believing the air injection is still connected and so the engine light does not come on. Earlier models do not seem to have this issue.

5. Sak CRF-L

Sak CRF-L New Member

Sweet. Ya, my CEL immediately came on ;). So where is a good place to purchase them? Assume you cut off the plug and bridge the wires with the resistor??

6. Charleyscrfl

Charleyscrfl New Member

Any electronic shop should have them. Yes just cut the wires and soldered the resistor between them.
    You will need the dealer to get rid of the code, none off the disconnect battery solutions work.

7. Charleyscrfl

Charleyscrfl New Member

I also just made a block off plate with a piece of flat aluminium from a hardware shop.

8. Sak CRF-L

Sak CRF-L New Member

That’s awesome. Thanks for the information !! I used the block plate from Driven industries ... removed the PAIR valve and the evap canister on mine. Nice & roomy now!!

Attached Files:

Charleyscrfl likes this.
  9. Sak CRF-L

Sak CRF-L New Member

Dealer wouldn’t reset for me (was a real high about it) - I understand there a “Red” plug somewhere that you jump & then turn the ignition on ... displays codes on your speedo display and then can be cleared. Still looking for this plug though ...

10. Charleyscrfl

Charleyscrfl New Member

Yes, my grom worked that way. Apparently my cb will do as well, maybe google search the grom reset, hopefully it is the same as the crfl, the plug is under the seat.