Hello from Luxembourg

Discussion in 'New Members' started by alloalli, Sep 6, 2018.

1. alloalli

alloalli New Member

Hello, my name is Alphons, a Dutchman living in Luxembourg (Europe). I just bought a Honda CRF250L and hope to receive it next week. I wanted an allround bike for the many small backroads and (less) gravel and dirt tracks we have here in this part of Europe and I'am sure to have made the right choise with this little Honda. But first, as a newby on this forum, I'll spend some time reading tonight.

2. Schnatterinchen

Schnatterinchen Member

Hi Alphons,
    welcome to the discussion! I am sure that you won't regret the purchase, the CRF is a real 'all purpose bike'.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  3. alloalli

alloalli New Member

I think so, I've ridden dirtbikes from childhood on but are older now so the little Honda will fit perfect. Had a Beta Alp 200 last three years but didn't have enough time to ride it on the tracks where that bike is made for and although allowed on the street that isn't the Beta's habitat. Before that there was a Suzuki DR650 in Rally trim. The Honda is more allround and exactly "in between" those other bikes.......

4. Schnatterinchen

Schnatterinchen Member

Same with me. I rode the DR650R (SP43B) for a couple of years and 20,000 km and a XL185S until summer. The CRF fits my needs in a perfect way, light and easy to handle but capable of doing 100 km/h or more without any struggle.
    I was looking for a Beta Alp 4.0 first, but most bikes were in a bad shape and still very expensive. So I got a CRF instead which has done only 164 km. The bike was on sale at a local dealer for 3550 EUR, which was 500 EUR cheaper than a Alp 4.0 that has done 7500 km -and, judging its state, only few of them have been done on the road.