CRF pics and mods--SHOW US!

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by hockeyrick, Feb 8, 2014.

1. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

Hi guys, let me be the first to post! Just did today. Just mounted Shinko 4.60 rear and Kenda 3.25 front, and fork skins! Gotta Q, just ask! Lets see other bikes!!!
    IMAG0331 (Copy).jpg IMAG0332.jpg IMAG0333.jpg IMAG0335.jpg IMAG0336.jpg IMAG0311.jpg

Attached Files:

Alex likes this.
  2. captain canuck

captain canuck Member

3. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

4. captain canuck

captain canuck Member

That's definitely a nice exhaust setup but what I meant was did you have to do some modifying to the tool box so that the pip would fit; or is it just a cover and no tool box.

5. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

Just take it off

6. bsacbob

bsacbob New Member

Ben 740 look's like he does good work, think he's based in Nan, how does the pipe sound after a days riding ?

7. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

Still sounds great, quieter than FMF, Big GUn and the others, even sent a pipe to a friend in Kentucky and he loves it!
    I believe he is in Lampang, not nan, but can see on his Facebook.
    Still looking for the guy that paints engines, anyone have a link or contact info?

Attached Files:

8. bsacbob

bsacbob New Member

Thanks for the info, my old KLX went yesterday so i am looking for a CRF-L i was planning to empty the can like iv'e done on the M as i will be trying to shed as much weight as i can, i guess even the twin pipes will be lighter than the stock muffler.

Engine painting, i recall a guy in Chiang Mai but will do some research, wouldn't powder coating do the job for you ?

SUMORYDR likes this.
  9. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

IMAG0651.jpg IMAG0649.jpg IMAG0672.jpg IMAG0669.jpg IMAG0662.jpg IMAG0666.jpg IMAG0671.jpg Hey guys
    Got the new wheels all set up! Got a great deal on the 9's, used stock hubs and spokes, painted and clear coated, came out so sweet! And didn't break the bank!!!
    I can see the light at the end of the tunnel almost done except for the painting on the carbon plastic, new seat cover and maybe some engine painting, who knows!
    But she is almost where I want her to be!!!

10. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Very cool bikes above!! Mine looks quite stock by comparison ...

[​IMG]

11. mattkorguk

mattkorguk Member

A few little bits added today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I like!

13. mattkorguk

mattkorguk Member

Cheers. New tyres going on next week, went for the Michelin Sirac, hopefully they'll be ok. :thumbup:

14. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

IMAG0770.jpg IMAG0790.jpg IMAG0785.jpg IMAG0782.jpg IMAG0772.jpg IMAG0777.jpg IMAG0787.jpg IMAG0780.jpg IMAG0801.jpg IMAG0799.jpg Well, been a busy time, mods are almost done, I said almost!
    Note, take out ur swingarm bolt and lube up. Honda uses brass bushings ala '70's style tech! No needle bearings or anything!

The rest you can see, any q's just ask. She's almost done, was gonna paint the cylinder and change cam chain but just didn't work out this time! Next!!!!!

15. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Looks fantastic!

16. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

Thx, pretty and she goes fast, has all the other tech mods also!

17. Volker FahrLässig

Volker FahrLässig New Member

TTOversteer likes this.
  18. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Hockey Rick: WOW! She's a beaut!

Are the panels painted or wrapped? Those flames on carbon are cool looking.

19. mattkorguk

mattkorguk Member

Can I ask, what's the gold thing under the exhaust header on the side of the engine?
    Also, loving those pipes! :D

20. SUMORYDR

SUMORYDR New Member