Recommend a Lift Stand?

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by captain canuck, Jan 27, 2014.

1. captain canuck

captain canuck Member

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Would be interested in hearing about a good one as well. The one I did get (cheapo from crf's only), doesn't quite fit under the bike. It works if I wrestle the bike onto it, but it isn't optimal.

3. captain canuck

captain canuck Member

Yeah I'll probably have to measure my clearance on my bike and just find one that's low enough.

4. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

there are so many on ebay, pick and choose, about $100 is average

captain canuck likes this.
  5. captain canuck

captain canuck Member

Nice, I'll have to look there.

6. AJW United Kingdom

AJW United Kingdom New Member

hi. iv just ordered a stand 300mm at its lowest point. I measured my crf at 255mm. so im going to put two 30mm steps in front of each wheel to raise the bike 60mm and push it on. then put the stand under. job done. I hope the stand will lift it level, if not ill pack it with something soft like polystyrene.

7. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

No offense Andy but amazon doesn't have squat compared to Ebay

8. AJW United Kingdom

AJW United Kingdom New Member

I ordered mine from ebay uk 23.99 delivered. im pretty handy with a mig welder. if it turns out to be crap I will modify it to suit. I was gonna shorten it but its easy just to push the bike onto two pieces of wood so it clears the stand.

9. mattkorguk

mattkorguk Member

I had a very kind neighbour give me a set of adjustable car ramps, they have a scissor mechanism so you can raise the car up. Fit nicely on the CRF. I tried the 'cheap' lifts but as you say I couldn't get it to fit even after getting the hacksaw out!

10. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

I use the really budget approach ... I have a PitBull rear stand I used for another bike. Using that as a stabilizer, I put a block of wood on a 3-ton car jack and lift her up that way and put jack stands under the frame. Works fine for changing wheels.

11. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

That works. :thumbup: