performance parts?

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L General Discussion' started by Callum_Surrey, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Callum_Surrey

Callum_Surrey New Member

Hi guys. Im getting a CRF250L next month. I am getting a full exhaust system fitted and a power commander. Is there anything else anybody could suggest that will give my bike a few extra hp and better acceleration?

Im thinking 305 big bore kit but i don't want to do that for at least a year or two...

2. AZ Desert Dog

AZ Desert Dog Member

Depending on where you ride it I would get a set of sprockets. At least a 13 tooth front if you mostly road ride. Or 13T front and a 43-46T rear if you off road. Is the first thing I would do. I would upgrade the suspension before I did the 305 kit.

3. Callum_Surrey

Callum_Surrey New Member

yeah going to get a set of sprockets for it. what set up would you recommend? (i do about 20 miles per day on the motorway) and ride trails every weekend. would like good acceleration but want to be able to cruise at 75mph without the bike revving too high.

Also why would you recommend upgrading suspension before adding the 305 kit?

4. Callum_Surrey

Callum_Surrey New Member

also would you suggest the fmf powerbomb full system or the yoshi full system?? - in terms of adding performance

5. AZ Desert Dog

AZ Desert Dog Member

I would just go with the 13 tooth front. If you get into the rear sprocket you will loose top end.

As far as the suspension. The suspension is a better investment. Plus the stock suspension has enough trouble with the stock power.

6. AZ Desert Dog

AZ Desert Dog Member

I went with the FMF Q4 and the mega bomb. I like the silencer. I went with the mega bomb for the low end. The power bomb is for high end.

7. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

Good stuff AZ DD! I put the 13T on my bike and didnt like it. Its all about likes and personal preferences I know but I was really disappointment with the 13T. I lost so much MPG and TOP SPEED, the bike just wasnt fitting my needs anymore so I went back to OEM and I am all happy again.

8. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

i kept my front 14t but i actually went down in teeth on the rear, i went 38t on the back, much more comfortable ride now, better MPG, and bike still works great off road.

9. XB12X

XB12X New Member

I am interested in the FMF exhaust and Megabomb. How much bhp would this produce and how would it effect fuel economy in normal road riding?