Bigger fuel capacity ?

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by JR45, Jun 13, 2015.

1. JR45

JR45 Member

OK, so the fuel tank on the CRF is not exactly huge - OK for a day of pottering around local lanes, but not exactly made for touring of any kind.
    Does anyone know if a larger capacity tank is available anywhere?

2. JR45

JR45 Member

I've seen a couple of new ones on "a certain internet auction site" - Acerbis and IMS - but not sure I can afford either at the moment (unless anyone has a spare second-hand one I can have).

3. Mike310

Mike310 Member

check out crfsonly.com they have one or two options there. I think I'm going to carry a little bit with me in an approved bottle.

JR45 likes this.
  4. JR45

JR45 Member

Cheers Mike - the Acerbis and IMS tanks they have look the same as the ones I have seen already. Probably cheaper than buying in the UK, but the shipping from the USA could be a pain...

5. Mike310

Mike310 Member

The fuel issue is tough on the 250L, mine is modded so its range has been even further reduced, but hey, I love it!

:)

6. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

I have a RotoPax sysytem cause no way was I paying for an expensive afteemarket tank that only adds 1 or so gallons. 2 gallon Rotopax plus hardware around $100 for me.

7. JR45

JR45 Member

I'll go check that out - cheers !

8. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

strap one of these to the back of your bike. BAM double the range for only $8

get like a 5L or a larger 6.5L and you can go for ages. my stock crf250l got about 300km out of a tank so thats not too bad.

[​IMG]

9. JR45

JR45 Member

RotoPax looks good, but unfortunately also quite expensive over here in the UK. I was looking for something a bit more "high tech" than a plastic can and a bungee strap, but that might have to be the way to go, for now at least...

10. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Get a fuel friend or two, they come in various sizes and some have nice strap fixing points
    About £17 delivered,

upload_2016-9-25_19-7-33.png

Update - just ordered one £15.50 delivered (off ebay)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Birk and JR45 like this.