seat height

Discussion in 'New Members' started by chezzy71, Feb 12, 2017.

1. chezzy71

chezzy71 New Member

hello guys and girls, so been considering a honda crf250l, not ridden bikes for a long long time
    and i still need to go the dealers or other outlet and have a look over one,
    i am only 5'6 with 30 inseam and most bikes of this style are to tall,
    i have read about the crf being a pretty low seat height in comparison others
    will be 95% road use

so how tall are you..?
    and do you struggle to get a foot down..?

2. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

my inseam is 31 inch, they are tall to get in but sag well when on

3. chezzy71

chezzy71 New Member

So can you get the balls of your feet on the ground with standard ride height

4. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I can get my feet virtually flat, and I have a pad fitted to my seat.... upload_2017-2-14_11-22-7.png

5. TahuyaRider

TahuyaRider New Member

Not only is there a lowering kit (links) to drop the rear of the CRF from 1" to 3".....but there is also the lower model of the Seat Concepts seat cover/foam, that is a great addition to this bike. I have my 2015 CRF250L-Rally on order, but have already purchased the Seat Concepts cover/foam kit, that will lower the seat height by 1". But it also gives a wider seating area than the stock seat. I have used these Seat Concepts covers/foam on previous bikes, and LOVE them. Easy to install, and makes a world of difference.

6. chezzy71

chezzy71 New Member

Thats great info, Do you have a picture of one fitted on a crf

7. TahuyaRider

TahuyaRider New Member

8. cowboy

cowboy Member

You'll probably manage, there will be the odd awkward moment on slopes etc.
    Look out for kerb-sized steps to help getting on and off! (only partly joking).
    I'm a bit taller but seem to have shortish legs about like yours.
    It's light and narrow, and as mentioned once you are on it sags down quite a lot so really not too bad.