Recommend me a rear rack / carrier please

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L General Discussion' started by Paul2129, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Paul2129

Paul2129 New Member

hi, I'm trying to find a rear rack for my 2017 CRF250l, it must be decent quality, i.e. Fit and line up properly, be wide enough to be useful, and look nice. I did find one I liked, and then reviews said it was very sub standard, out of shape, and looked 'far less than Honda standard'

I didn't like the look of the Honda one, but does anyone recommend them ?
    (It would be nice if my Givi universal base plate will screw to it too)

Please post a picture if you have a good one that you like :)

Many Thanks

Paul

2. TahuyaRider

TahuyaRider New Member

Paul, I mentioned this rack to you on another location, here on the forum. The one I have ordered, and received for my 2017 CRF250L-Rally, is the BBQ rack from ManRacks. ManRacks makes several different models of rear racks for the CRF250L, but I like the BBQ rack because it incorporates large side handles, which widens the rack, makes it easier to mount and stabilize a wider tail bag, and the large side loops are great for lifting the bike, if needed.

http://www.manracks.com/_p/prd1/4515169181/product/crf250l-bbq-rack-w-rotopax-brkt.

3. Paul2129

Paul2129 New Member

Thanks Malcolm, I remember now, I thought it would be tricky to get it posted to UK, I was probably unwilling to pay for it previously, but amid tales of badly fitting, badly made racks..... and the fact that this is good and wide.... and with the Rotopax bracket, I decided to bite the bullet ! It's on it's way :)

I only collected the bike yesterday, quite shocked at only 100miles till empty, that Rotopax bracket may well come in handy.... as probably will the larger Acerbis fuel tank ;)

4. TahuyaRider

TahuyaRider New Member

Paul, 100 miles until empty....that is one of the reasons I ordered the Rally version of this bike, is the larger fuel tank. 2.7 gallons vs. 2.1 gallons.

I can tell you that the ManRacks are built very heavy duty. They are not whimpy racks at all.

Good that you already have your 2017 CRF250L. The new ones here won't even be shipped until April 10th for the 250L...and not until April 28th for the Rally version.

I have checked a dozen dealers from Coast to Coast, all Level 5 Powerhouse dealers, and they all confirm the same shipment dates.

2/3rds of the dealers in the USA will not even get a Rally version, let alone SEE one. There are not enough to go around, at least in the first and second shipments of them.

shapemaster and Alex like this.
  5. marcusfordus

marcusfordus New Member

[​IMG]
    By far the cheapest is the Shad rack. Being sold by amazon UK.
    I've fitted mine today and have a soft bag strapped to it. Solid steel construction so its a hefty thing, but it does have the plate fitted for a topbox baseplate.
    £30.41 is never going to break the bank. SHAD H0CR22ST Top Case Fitting Kit for Honda CRF 250L 2012, Black https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4cs5l2t2ilo6j9/20170408_141351.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhskfftfii7etz0/20170408_141402.jpg?dl=0

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Alex likes this.