Slipping Clutchthe

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L General Discussion' started by Robzx6r, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Robzx6r

Robzx6r New Member

Did my first proper trail ride today n the U.K. but had to abandon half way through as clutch slip just got to the point it wouldn't go up a gradient. Very frustrating but give the KTM riders a laugh at Honda reliability, grrrr...

Fully adjusted the cable but still no joy, so had to head home. Bike is 18mth old with 3,000 mile

In order to get home I disconnected the cable completely and rode 40 mile without a clutch... rode in all gears with no slip. I'm not sure whether this was because it had cooled down a bit, or there was a problem with the cable.I've reconnected it tonight and it see to be ok again... but I don't know why.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it covered by warranty? Thanks

2. Gman88

Gman88 New Member

I had alot of slipping on some up hill climb had to pull over but we made a adjustment to the cable had no problems so far but I have heard the clutch in this bike is pretty crappy .

3. Mike310

Mike310 Member

Interesting, I actually thought my wheels were slipping on the pavement going uphill but I wonder if its my clutch. Would you mind telling me how I might check or adjust?