White top-box

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Farkles' started by JR45, Jul 30, 2015.

1. JR45

JR45 Member

Yes, I know it's sad...
    I needed a top-box for chucking stuff in when I'm out and about, and found one on Amazon that's got a white lid - so it matches the bike... What can I say? It was cheap, easy to fit, and it's white...
    :)
    Piccies to follow, maybe...

2. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

I don't think I have ever wanted a top box. But I'm just used to carrying all my gear with me in a backpack.

Let's see some pics ... I might be swayed.

On a recent trip to RI, I definitely wanted a rear top rack to bungee stuff to. Those extra-long "tie down" bolts didn't work at all with the cords I was using to hold a duffel bag in place. A top-box may have been more appropriate if I had one big enough ... particularly in the rain.

3. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Needs pics! :thumbup:

4. JR45

JR45 Member

I'm away from home at the moment... I'll try to get some when I get back...

5. JR45

JR45 Member

WP_20150810_17_40_25_Pro.jpg WP_20150810_17_40_45_Pro.jpg

6. JR45

JR45 Member

Yer Tizz !
    :)

7. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Hey, that box looks nice! Will it hold a helmet? Definitely looks big enough for most bread and milk runs.

8. JR45

JR45 Member

Yes, it will take one helmet.
    And yes, big enough for a couple of shopping bags ...

TTOversteer likes this.
  9. JR45

JR45 Member

10. JR45

JR45 Member

And the back surface of the bottom half is flat - I plan to put a couple of LED lights on it...

11. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Nice. The more lights the better. So that red bit is reflector as opposed to light? I like that. Nobody sees me in the daylight, nevermind night.

I haven't figured out what to do yet, but I want to add more head and tail lighting. I was thinking of going the cheesy route for the back and using red LED accent frame lights or reflective tape. FYI: I put reflective tape on a hitch rack I have, and it seems to keep folks much further back than usual.

12. JR45

JR45 Member

TTOversteer likes this.
  13. mkriglet

mkriglet New Member

Sorry to change the subject, but how do you like those tires? What are they ? They look good.

14. JR45

JR45 Member

They are Pirelli MT43's. Reasonable off road and pretty good on tarmac too. http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/motorcycle/sheet/mt_43_pro_trial.html
    I occasionally enter MCC trials and they are on the approved tyre list (most "enduro" type tyres are banned from long distance trials).

15. mkriglet

mkriglet New Member

Cool, thanks. I just may have to get a set.

JR45 likes this.
  16. YammieBammie

YammieBammie New Member

This looks good, as im using mine to commute I shall get one, currently on offer too at Amazon, £29!! Can anyone please confirm if this will fit on the standard luggage rack?

17. JR45

JR45 Member

It came with a base plate and a universal fitting kit. Took about ten minutes to fit on to the OEM Honda rack.

18. YammieBammie

YammieBammie New Member

Thanks for the reply. Mine has the standard rack fitted, so ordered one using the link above, also comes with base plate. On offer at the moment, £35 delivered.

JR45 likes this.
  19. JR45

JR45 Member

Let us know how you get on... :)

20. YammieBammie

YammieBammie New Member

Got round to fitting it last weekend, the supplied bolts in the fitting kit were rubbish and too long. X6 M5 bolts and nylon lock nuts used and easy to fit. Box is big enough to store my boots and wwaterproof gear once I get to work, and small enough to not sit in aairflow and cause drag!

JR45 likes this.