A different type of rear case / box

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Farkles' started by Tigger, Dec 4, 2017.

?

Which orientation?

1. Widthways

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Lengthways

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Found one of these and thought it may make a good rear case, I got the idea from someone who fitted "3 rigid tools cases" as topbox and panniers, found this while searching. It's a DeWalt Tool case £19.95 delivered.
    It's not mounted yet and I would like your opinions on which way I should mount it, widthways or lengthways?
    Shown sat on the bike widthways, but I wondered if lengthways may be better for when my roll bag is strapped on top, please feel free to be completely honest about if you think it will or won't work,
    I have a rear rack already,
    DeWalt tool case 1.jpg DeWalt tool case 2.jpg

Singlespeed92 likes this.
  2. martn130289

martn130289 Member

Looks good:thumbup:

3. Singlespeed92

Singlespeed92 New Member

+2 on the Looks good! I love seeing setups like this. I've got Ridgid tool boxes (22inch "tool organisers") mounted to the sides of mine on dirtrack . com side racks myself. Those Dewalt boxes looked great too,they had the Ridgid ones on sale the day I bought em :p

4. Evergreen Life

Evergreen Life Member

I would mount lengthwise. more aerodynamic, keeps the bike profile slim, less chance of bumping stuff with it while offroad.

If you do mount lengthwise I recommend to have the latches face the left side of the bike. This will make for easier access while the bike is leaning on the kickstand.

My 2 cents :)

5. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

That was my preferred orientation and I had it all bolted on, didn't like the look of it and took it off, going to mod the mounting (improve ease of removal ) then I will let it grow on me due to its usefulness,
    Thanks for taking the time and effort to reply