Tyre & Chain advice

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by YammieBammie, Nov 27, 2017.

1. YammieBammie

YammieBammie New Member

Hi all, only had the bike since August(2300 miles completed since) and have wore my rear tyre out and chain also needs replacing. Seems a little low miles to do that as i get 2000 miles from the rear tyre on my R1.

Bike is totally stock, bridgestone tyres, 14/140 sprockets etc. Commute 250miles per week, A/B roads and town.

Got the bike booked in at a MOTO X specalist for tyre & C&S replacement. Intend to go for a 14/40T chain/sprockets as not worried about a bit extra power(R1 for that) and like high MPG, but which brand of chain and tyre are you guys using.

Cheers

Singlespeed92 likes this.
  2. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

That seems to be a lot of wear for a bike with only 2300 miles. Your tires should last longer than that. I have the stock tires on mine with 3,000 kilometres with half the tread left. The chain should definitely last longer. Most chains and sprockets on bigger bikes that I've had last around 25,000 kilometres. On a smaller bike like this I'd assume it would be the same. Save your money.:)

3. YammieBammie

YammieBammie New Member

The bike has 6000 miles, 2300 since new tyre. Took it into a Moto X specalist last weekend, they tyre fitted was a Bridgestone enduro and the chain was just a cheap one by the look of it. Bought a Michelin street tyre and DID PRO c&s kit, so hopefully get more wear.

4. YammieBammie

YammieBammie New Member

Really impressed with this tyre, very grippy

Attached Files: