Hello from Albany, New York

Discussion in 'New Members' started by dougcbx, Mar 21, 2018.

1. dougcbx

dougcbx New Member

I'm retired and wanted an adventure bike, but the African Twin was just too much to throw around in the dirt.
    I had one of the original XL250's, I think it was a 1971 model. I have hundreds of miles of trails in my head to re-explore. Glad to find this forum.

2. Glenlivet

Glenlivet New Member

Welcome from another old fart in the same boat! I have a pair of BMW R1200GS Adventure bikes (one solo and the other a sidecar rig for long trips with my dog), both of which are a handful in the dirt. I had a '72 XL-250 and a CX-500 back in the day. Just added a 2015 CRF250L to the stable and am waiting for the ice and snow to retreat a bit before exploring northern Vermont in a way the heavy Beemers could never manage.

Pete

3. dougcbx

dougcbx New Member

Hi Pete, great looking dog you have there. I haven't taken posession of a crf rally yet. My father was a Honda dealer in Coxsackie, NY and sold his business in 1995. The third owners of this business are the people I'm working with now to find out if Honda has changed the color of the Rally for 2018. I've seen pictures of a black and grey Rally, but they were in some Japanese motorcycle show. Sometimes Honda will have different colors in different countries. I sure don't want a black and grey model as it blends in too well with the road background. I hate hearing "but I never saw him". Long story short, I'm waiting to purchase a 2018 model in red if that's the color the USA is getting, if not, then I'll get a red 2017. I bought a Toyota Tundra years ago in northern vermont, St Albans to be exact.

Glenlivet likes this.
  4. Evergreen Life

Evergreen Life Member

Welcome doug!