2017 CRF

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L General Discussion' started by Filippo, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Filippo

Filippo New Member

Anyone ridden/or got the UK 2017 model. Wondering whether the new model upgrades are worth the extra cash over an older model?
    cheers

2. Simon

Simon New Member

Also wondering the same thing! Slightly more power etc, but this can be achieved on an older one. The only thing drawing me to a 2017 model is the ABS. But the benefits of one a couple of years old are that I can tinker myself which I dont want to do with a new warrant covered bike???

3. 0chili0

0chili0 New Member

I had a 2015 CRF250l with fmf 13T EJK etc and sold it (regretted it). Just bought a 250l Rally and the main difference i found is a larger tank, windshield makes a small difference and feels more of a bike underneath you, but as mentioned by Simon, The ABS was a big factor in my decision to buy the 2017 model as opposed to getting an older version.

4. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

:thumbup:

5. Evergreen Life

Evergreen Life Member

I recentry purchased a USA '17 crf250l. It's still stock with the k and n air filter. 13t on the way. It's been a fun bike so far.

I didn't get the chance to ride an older one to compare to but I find it plenty ballsy for a 250. No abs on mine.

6. Mike310

Mike310 Member

I have to get that updated cluster on my 2014. Its a must!

7. Evergreen Life

Evergreen Life Member

The updated cluster is sweet... Especially the tachometer.

8. Mike310

Mike310 Member

Any chance you saw it installed on a 2014-2016? Like I am trying to do? I have not put that much effort into, I guess I could order from ebay and hope for the best.

9. YYZ_CRF250L

YYZ_CRF250L New Member

10. Schnatterinchen

Schnatterinchen Member

The 2017 cluster requires a 2017 ECU as the elder one does not support the tachometer.

11. Schnatterinchen

Schnatterinchen Member

The 2017 cluster requires a 2017 ECU as the elder one does not support the tachometer.