Vermonter joins the crew

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Glenlivet, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Glenlivet

Glenlivet New Member

I just bought a 2015 CRF250L nicely setup with all sorts of nice farkles: Corbin saddle, FMF pipe, Rotopax mounted on a rear rack, Barkbusters, Wolfman tank and tailbags. With my left leg chewed up by shrapnel decades ago I've been having increasingly more trouble with tall bikes. My part of Vermont is currently under a blanket of snow on top of extremely slick ice, so I haven't been able to bring the new bike home yet, but hope to do so in the next couple of weeks.

Long time rider starting with dirt bikes in the 70s (Honda CT70 MiniTrail, Bultaco, Combat Wombat), then dual sports (Yamaha DT175, Honda XL250), a five year break when my deployment schedule (Marine Corps) got in the way, then street bikes (Honda CX500, Yamaha XZ6, Triumph Tiger 1050) and when bitten hard by the long distance bug I moved to a pair of BMW R1200GS Adventures. One is a sidecar rig that I do my long distance camping trips with my service dog at my side (Golden Retriever named Tulliver is retiring at age 8, and 18 month old Glenlivet is in training), the other is set up with Shinko 804/805s and upgraded suspension for exploring the many dirt roads in northern Vermont.

The GSA is great for maintained dirt roads, but so many of them here suffer from neglect and in many cases have become goat tracks over the years. Trying to turn the GSA around on a narrow, often muddy trail is an ordeal, so I looked for something lighter and more dirt worthy. Was almost ready to buy a nicely farkled BMW Sertao, but our local BMW dealer is owned by Lord Faarquad and truth be told I wanted something lighter anyway. 87.jpg

Anyway, here I am. Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and getting back to my dirt roots.

Pete

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Welcome!

3. Singlespeed92

Singlespeed92 New Member

Welcome from Tennessee :)

4. Evergreen Life

Evergreen Life Member

Badass sidecar setup! Gotta be great to bring the family along.

Enjoy the compact crf250l! I know we love ours~

5. YYZ_CRF250L

YYZ_CRF250L New Member

Welcome to the forum Pete !!