Western Canada east of Vancouver

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Starflight, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Starflight

Starflight New Member

Hello :)
    I started riding in 1977. I have owned 19 motorcycles so far and ridden many others.
    I have had no tickets, no crashes, or insurance claims, no demerit points off my car or motorcycle license during those years up to today.

I have ridden in temperatures from 115 F to minus 35 F. Ridden in heavy torrential rain, 8 inches of fresh snow one New Years eve on a 1982 B.M.W. R100, deep fog, over ice patches, through one tornado which was about 1 mile away, ridden in winds up to 60 mph, through forests and deep sand and mud. Motorcycles ranged from a trials bike, 4 cyl. cruisers, 2 BMW adventure bikes, one V-Max drag bike, Honda VTR1000, Honda CB 650, CR500 open class 2-stroke motocross, XL250, XR650L, one BMW touring bike, Honda NC 750X etc. I have forgotten quite a few of the past bikes. My current motorcycle is a 2017 Honda Africa Twin. It got me there and got me home again. { Just sold last week }
    A new 2019 Honda CRF250L Rally 99% for sure is the next one. Based on looking around the Vancouver, Canada motorcycle show in January 2019.
    Former marine mechanic and Honda power product dealer / owner.
    When I get the new bike I will have about $2000 - $2500 to spend on accessories and mods so I want to find the best stuff. Here is where I should find the answers.
    Thanks for reading.
    Courtney.

LeafsParadeRoute likes this.
  2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Glad to have you here, that's quite a motorcycling background!

3. Starflight

Starflight New Member

Hi Alex - I saw some kind of a map locator when I was checking messages on my phone. I am using my computer now and I can't find it.
    Please give me the link - thanks.
    Courtney.

4. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

The member map? It's at the top of the new members area. Here's a link. :thumbup:

5. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

Welcome! That's a lot of bikes. I loved my Varadero that had the same (although detuned) motor as your VTR1000 - lovely sound and torque.
    I think you'll find most people love this little bike - me included. As long as you don't go in thinking it's a full-on dirt bike and don't expect it to be a tourer, you'll get along fine.
    Motorcycle show is here next week. Always a fun way to look at new bikes and maybe get a deal from a dealer.

6. Starflight

Starflight New Member

Varadero - yes they were nice. I don't plan any long extended trips and forest roads and side trails are more appealing so the CRF250L Rally is more logical than the Africa Twin. In 6 months I rode it 6700 k's but forest riding was nervous. Even picking it up was a scary thought on an uphill gravel trail.
    Courtney. Thanks for the welcome..........

7. Starflight

Starflight New Member

I do not see my user name on the right side of the map - so I cant pin myself to the map.
    Ideas?
    Thanks.

8. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Hit the plus sign on the top right of the map itself.

9. Starflight

Starflight New Member

Hi Alex, I got it done but............ Somehow I managed to make 2 entries. How to delete the one in the mountains and leave the Chilliwack in place?
    Thanks.

10. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I deleted the dupe entry. The map is likely going away soon anyway. The service used to be free (for many years) for normal usage. They upped it to $20/month awhile back if the map has more than 100 visits. (link) It's not worth $20/month.