New owner in Cambridgeshire UK

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mark Shelley, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Mark Shelley

Mark Shelley New Member

Picked up my ‘new’ 2012 bike yesterday.
    [​IMG]

superfunkomatic likes this.
  2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

:thumbup:

3. Lee6R

Lee6R Member

Clean looking bike with decent tyres :thumbup:

Whereabouts in Cambridgeshire do you ride?
    Ely-Chatteris has loads of Green Lanes.
    Whittlesey too.

4. Mark Shelley

Mark Shelley New Member

I was a TRF member several years ago so I know most of the legal routes in the area. To be honest I will only be doing the lanes when the weather improves. I used to get so peed off spending more time cleaning than riding as the clay soil sticks like you know what. I can be on the lanes half a mile from my door. Your avatar looks like Wittering Mopedathon. Is it? I did that for several years.

5. Lee6R

Lee6R Member

To be honest, so do i!
    I'm crap in the horrible slimy mud so wait till it's a bit firmer, then it's time to go ride my Triumph on the road anyway :rolleyes:

6. Lee6R

Lee6R Member

Yep, My avatar is from the Wittering Mopedathon.
    I still do it, although now it's at Washbrook Farm MX track, Team T-Bone #92. One day i might even get a top 3.........

What team were you?

7. Mark Shelley

Mark Shelley New Member

I did a several races at Wittering and the first two years at Doddington. We were Team Victor, a C90 motor in an MT50 chassis. I sold the bike when they they changed the date to May as I work on The Open and am away at that time. If I knew they were going to add a second race later in the year I would have kept it!

8. Lee6R

Lee6R Member

Just to annoy you even more then, the race is now June 8 with a 2nd race in October

What do you do at The Open? I used to be a proper Golf Addict but don't get the enjoyment i used to although i still secretly love it. The Ryder Cup Rocks!!!!

9. Mark Shelley

Mark Shelley New Member

I am a Project Manager for Arena Structures in St Ives. We supply the temporary structures at The Open. Been doing it since 2002 myself. Got mixed feelings about going to Portrush this year. Our company did half if the structures for the Ryder Cup. Matchplay is so much more exciting.