New UK member

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Samxboy, May 14, 2019.

1. Samxboy

Samxboy New Member

Hello,

Decided I needed to try a trail bike in addition to my Z900. Pick up a nearly new CRF250L next week. will review the forums to get ideas on upgrades. Especially looking at gearing recommendations 13/42?? Will be used around local lanes and dirt tracks so top end isn't a priority. It comes with a yoshi SR4 and a standard pipe is included. Sounded a bit noisy with the yoshi on but is the standard pipe even worth considering especially if looking for a bit extra performance.

2. beatty_dt

beatty_dt New Member

I learned a 14/45 gives nearly the identical ratio Of the 13/42 to within a few decimals. The key difference is the 14t sprocket keeps the chain off the swing arm slider assuring the slider doesn’t wear prematurely.

From (you)tube.com, woodzman adventures does some riding on dirt roads across streams, meadows and onto some elevations in the woods. He has equipped his two successive crf250l s with a 14/42 ratio. Woodzman is a Honda motorcycle shop mechanic I think.

Samxboy likes this.
  3. Lee6R

Lee6R Member

I just went went up 1 tooth on the rear sprocket and it was spot on for me!

Samxboy likes this.
  4. beatty_dt

beatty_dt New Member

I have a 42t rear sprocket. Between yourself and Woodzman I am encourage to pass up 45t.

Samxboy likes this.