New member from Kamloops BC

Discussion in 'New Members' started by RustyOlTruck, Feb 17, 2020.

1. RustyOlTruck

RustyOlTruck New Member

Happy to be part of this community, I find these forums invaluable and am looking for whatever advice I can get to make my 2016 CRF250L a more capable off-road machine for fire roads and some single track.

superfunkomatic likes this.
  2. WhiteLineRacer

WhiteLineRacer New Member

Hi Rusty,
    After lots of looking around I just opted to get a HyperPro progressive spring for the front end and a Hagon rear shock for the back.
    Fitting a 13 tooth front sprocket was first thing I did, it was very inexpensive and made the bike so much better to ride, especially going from first to second gear.
    However, I'm now going to put the 14 tooth back on and put a 42 tooth rear sprocket on instead. I'm doing this because the 13 tooth is making the chain chew the chainguard on the swingarm pretty hard.

Have fun and ride safe

3. RustyOlTruck

RustyOlTruck New Member

Thanks!
    Good to know the 13 front has wear issues. I've heard 14/45 is the way to go. And a buddy even suggested a 50 tooth rear. I'll try the 14/45.
    Cheers

4. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

It's a great bike. Lots of good trails and places to ride near you. I was out there last summer for the Loose Screw Dual Sport ride at Monte Creek on my 2016. Stock bike - a bit heavy for true dual sport but it did the job. Great fun!

5. RustyOlTruck

RustyOlTruck New Member

right on...I think I'll be able to make it work. may look to shave weight, but also need to add a bit: bark busters, skid plate, rear rack...so probably still be a net weight gain.