Vibration of New CRF 250L

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by goffy007, Apr 4, 2020.

1. goffy007

goffy007 New Member

Hi guys!
    I have finally got my new CRF 250L. Currently I've ridden first 600km offroad/road and I am starting to pull some higher rpms. Around 6000/7000 the whole bike starts to shake that its really uncorfotable to ride in the seat. Is this normal? Is it gonna get better with more millage?
    Sorry for a beginners question :)

Have a great day and thanks for your help!

2. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

Revved to 6,000-7,000? Is that our question?
    How fast are you riding? Or is this revving it up for offroad riding?
    It's a single-cylinder, so I'm guessing you won't be spending much time at that RPM range before noticing some serious noises. :)

3. goffy007

goffy007 New Member

Exactly, at approx 6000 RPM the vibration starts and continue. Its the same at any gear.
    The noise I don't really care but its not comfortable to ride on, even almost impossible to sit :)
    I hope its because the bike has only 600km so it will settle down

4. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

I guess my comment was a bit too subtle. I don't think the bike was intended to be ridden at those RPMs for anything other than climbing a hill in low gear for short periods of time.
    Probably a good idea to shift up to the next gear. It will comfortably do highway riding up to 60-70mph then you've got very little left.

5. goffy007

goffy007 New Member

It is actually getting a bit better, at 120 the vibration is still a lot but lets see with more millage. I have now approx 1000km.
    Thanks a lot for your reply anyway :)

6. Bryce

Bryce New Member

It does calm down as it breaks in. Don't listen to superfunkomatic. This engine can sit at 7000+ RPM all day long. It came out of a street bike with similar gearing and at highway speed the cbr250r is at 6000-8000 rpm. Mine does not vibe at those rpm's, so it might be a good idea to check your tires and wheel balance if it doesn't calm down after 2-3000 kms.

7. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

If you're riding it at 7000+ all day you're on the wrong bike. You'll get nowhere near those RPMs even at 120 km/h.
    Even at 120+ there is very little vibration in the motor with the counterbalancer that Honda has fitted. If you're getting 'vibration' something is wrong. It's a pretty buttery-smooth bike for a single cylinder, unlike the KLR I had which was like sitting on a paint shaker. :)

[​IMG]

Merritt64 likes this.
  8. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

Here's someone's top speed video on YouTube. It'll run well past 7000 RPM. Wouldn't want to ride it like that all day.

9. Bryce

Bryce New Member

120 km/h is ~7500 RPM on a stock CRF250L in top gear. Just FYI. That's close to top speed (due to power/wind resistance) on a stock bike, but that's another subject entirely ;)

superfunkomatic likes this.
  10. Merritt64

Merritt64 New Member

11. goffy007

goffy007 New Member

Thanks a lot guys, I was mostly looking for any similar problems. If you guys saying it should be smooth I'll wait for 3k and if it doesn't stop I'll start to investigate..
    Anyway, Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Be safe