Seat Concepts seat

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Farkles' started by CatFlap, Apr 23, 2014.

1. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Got my new seat in the mail the other day. I just ordered it directly from SC. Used a $15 off code I found over at ADVrider, made the shipping free. The tabs that the bolts go through on the back were a bit thicker so that was a the only pain in fitting due to my rear rack slightly pinching the plastics tighter. But it fits and it is comfy. Wider in the back like the Corbin but narrow where your legs go standing up. Bit stiffer foam in it than the stocker. I figure that is so it is not compressed to the pan on a long ride. Like the last ride I took, I was just sitting on the pan by the time I got home with the stock seat, the foam had completely collapsed.
    And got rid of the big slab of red to boot! :thumbup:

I just got the complete seat with plain black vinyl. Lots of other covering options and they don't add to cost (except suede). But I like to keep it simple.
    And with the basic covering I didn't get the new big logo patch sewn on the tail of it, only the small side tag (big hoopla over that change on ADV....).

And there was a seat slasher last summer in Portland. So if I'm gonna be riding to town and know I'll have it parked on the street or something all day I'll just toss the stocker back on in case he/she is not done. The slasher cut a 2"x2" square out of the seats of a bunch of other riders last year. Making a quilt or something?...... :confused:

[​IMG]

Can't wait to get it out for a good ride. Been not wanting to ride in all the rain we have been having this week..... I'll ride in it. But only if it happens after I've left and gotten some miles in.

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Looks good!

CatFlap likes this.
  3. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Thanks! Funny how this bike is coming along so fast. I was ordering things for it within a few days of picking it up from the dealer, had the handgaurds and rear rack on within a week of owning it. then luggage solutions came in the next couple weeks. I love it but like anything there are places to be improved. Seat was a big one for me. So far I'm more interested on comfort and utility than performance. But it is all things so far that are needed to enjoy it the way I want to. Which is long rides and camping.

Should probably stop tossing cash at it for awhile though........ At least until the Acerbis 3 gal tank comes out. Cheaper than the IMS so I'll give it a try. ;)

4. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

Has anyone EVER thought to take to your local upholstery shop and let them at it? They usually have foam in many densities and can shape to whatever u want, take the pics of current seats available and make ur own. Thats what I did here for $30! Granted its Thai, but still, just cant see forking out $150 + for a seat! And you still have to break it in?? Gimme a break!

5. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Nothing wrong with saving some money, if you're happy with the result. :thumbup:

6. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

It's funny how changing the seat color from red to black changes the character of the bike. For lack of a better term I would say it is more elegant. I really like the black seat!

7. JimTid

JimTid New Member

Seat Concepts Gripper cover for sale $30 and I will pay shipping to lower 48 locations.

8. Kenneth Reed

Kenneth Reed New Member

What color(s) is your Gripper cover? Is it new or in good condition? I'm assuming it's for a CRF250L, but thought I'd better check... ;) Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  9. JimTid

JimTid New Member

sold

10. Kenneth Reed

Kenneth Reed New Member

Dang! Seems like I'm always a day late and a dollar short! :rolleyes: Thanks for the reply.