Dyno Run

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by hockeyrick, Nov 13, 2014.

1. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

Hey guys, here is my run.

Noteworthy:
    Dirt Shop tunes lots of Motard and mx race bikes

What I have-EJK with setting discussed in other posts, Hurricane filter/with opened airbox, 13/40 gearing, Micheline tire with Xheavyduty tube, Ben740 dually pipe, run 91 gasohol, Royal Purple Synth oil--and has 49,000 km /7,900 mi

Thats about it!

Thought it would be above 20HP, but..... feels a lot quicker/faster dyno.jpg IMAG0790.jpg than this!

Just got the CBR300 cams and will install with my new cam chain then Dyno again.

After that, engine is done. Just reasoning cost vs power, and see it as a money pit for what? I dont race anymore and she really does all that I ask of her!

Thoughts, questions, jokes?????

2. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Jokes? Well. ... there once was this ... Nevermind, I'm not good at jokes. But you can never have too much power! It's an unreasonable need that should be perpetually chased. LOL

I actually come from another school of thought that prefers handling over power, so I disagree with my statement above. But with this bike, 20 bhp would be a dream. When I go to pass cars, I feel like I'm driving my old Dodge conversion van.

As I said before, your bike is gorgeous.

hockeyrick likes this.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Member

Do the two lines represent before and after?
    If so it's surprising you actually have less power at lower revs which must completely change the way you'd ride it.

4. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

One line is torque; the other line is hp.

5. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

D
    Duh, 1 is HP, the other torque!

6. hockeyrick

hockeyrick Member

D
    Duh, 1 is HP, the other torque!

7. cowboy

cowboy Member

OK! not my thing ;)

8. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

One neat little tidbit is that on a dyno graph that has the tq and hp on the same scales (like the one above), the lines will always cross at exactly 5252 rpm. It isn't magic; it's because hp is a calculated figure of torque * rpm / a constant, which happens to be 5252 for the most common units used.

TTOversteer likes this.
  9. Firebladepilot

Firebladepilot New Member

Did you get a "before" Dyno run to base the improvements off of? I've just finished the suspension and handling Mods and I'm ready to start looking for a little more get up and go.

10. Duck851

Duck851 New Member

Have you put in the 300 cams and measured it again?