2019 CRF250L Exhaust Baffle

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by DJH, Mar 24, 2020.

1. DJH

DJH New Member

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a 2019 250L (Black wheels facelift) I had a 2017 model which I sold last year. I wanted to do an exhaust mod to the silencer, remove the baffle(spark arrestor) and replace with a slightly smaller version to open it up a bit. There are various videos on you tube showing this. The bike is just broken in so I removed the end cap and...The spark arrestor is sealed inside. In the USA it can be removed. My question is this, do any UK /EU models have the silencer that can be taken apart? Is it just 2019 MY that has the sealed pipe? I can buy a 2017/18 version from ebay but as the exhaust system was changed from 2017 onwards I'm wondering if that will be sealed as well. I guess it will be to do with the EU emissions

2. Merritt64

Merritt64 New Member

They can be removed in any country but not legally ride the OHV in the dirt. You need to check your local laws, but I strongly doubt that it is legal to ride off road on an OHV without a spark arrestor. I know that the USFS requires them to be functioning.

3. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

I've used the OEM and aftermarket exhausts and to be honest, I don't think you're going to notice much of a change except exhaust sound or noise. It didn't feel significantly more 'peppy' one way or the other. I had to buy an aftermarket spark arrestor for my Leo Vince exhaust to make it legal to ride in most OHV areas, so it's really a wash.

4. Vegas RoManiac

Vegas RoManiac New Member

I have the 2019 version and i have the same issue it's welded at the end no way to remove it . It would help it breath lighter so in essence more power and noise .. I'm ticked because i will not spend 400 bucks on a slip on .. I'm about the out the grinder in it and take it apart see what's inside ..