4-3-14 Zombie Camp

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by CatFlap, Apr 3, 2014.

1. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Putting this here as it's less of a ride report and more just pictures. (I didn't have to go very far to get to camp and back.)

Had a break in the rain for about 24 hours overnight so I decided to not wait for my bags for the back and just threw some stuff in a duffel and did some camping.
    And right after I got home UPS dropped off my new bags. Got the 3 bag set from Dirt Bagz. (pics of that later after they are on, might be time to start a build thread as well.....)

Anyway, on to the pics and such!

Camp all set up. I took one small presto log and got lucky and found some more cut firewood on the trail into camp. Everything is soaking wet so getting things to catch can be a pain if you don't have at least some dry wood to get it going.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tea time! The cat food can stove is small and works great. Takes about 2 minutes to make one. Was having a problem getting the can to heat up enough to pressurize. Works better if it's not on a metal surface. But I didn't have a table around...
    [​IMG]

Camp this morning. I got there after dark so I had to wait for a daylight pic this morning.
    [​IMG]

The plastic glow in the dark zombie that camp got it's name from. WAs going to make it into a sort of "hood ornament" for the CRF. But it was one of those grows in water things and just the damp air was dissolving it.
    [​IMG]

Packed up. Not as heavy as it looks on the back. It's really just a 4 pound tent, sleeping pad, bag, pillow, and a camp jacket.
    [​IMG]

Had to stop for a pic on the way back down the forest road.
    [​IMG]

Was good times. It'll be nice next time to not have the big lump on the back. The bags I got are these ones. http://www.dbzproducts.com/sets.htm Went with the scout set to limit the weight I can hang off the back.
    I'll be beefing up the subframe a bit as well at some point. Might even buy a second one and have some extra gussets welded on and then just swap them.
    But I never actually put much weight back there. It's mostly light bulky stuff.

Alex likes this.
  2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Great pictures! Looks like fun.

3. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Was good times. :)
    Now i just gotta get my brackets mounted so I can use my new bags.
    Requires removing the passenger pegs. And on one side you have to get the battery box out of the way to lift the pin out and put the bolt through. So I got lazy tonight. hehe
    Lots of rain the next few days so I'll have all weekend to work on it and take pics to add to the Luggage section. Unless other plans get in the way. As long as it's all together by the next time I wanna take it camping.

4. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

GREAT PICS - LOOKS LIKE FUN!!

Thats what I wanted to do this weekend BUT rains a coming =(

5. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Thanks!
    Yeah rain here this weekend as well. I got lucky and was able to take the morning off work during an overnight hole in the clouds.

Summer is just around the corner though. So plenty of CRF camping can be had. :thumbup:

And now that I've taken it out with gear. I have plenty of time before nice weather to dial the loadout in. I've done camping with a scooter club the past few years. We do stupid long rides deep into the forest or across the state on 50cc machines loaded down with gear. The advantage of scooter camping?..... A huge under seat compartment that big bikes do not have and floorboard a 2 gallon gas can can sit between your feet on. So my packing/fuel planning has had to change.

Once I have everything dialed in I should do a thread on what my setup is. Might be helpful to others thinking of heading off on their CRF for a few days but haven't figured out the details yet.

6. captain canuck

captain canuck Member

That's awesome :DDD I want to do this so badly. I just might have to escape for a day this weekend and go find a place to pitch a tent

7. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

That's what it's all about. Throw some backpacking gear on the bike and find a nice spot. :thumbup:

captain canuck likes this.
  8. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Awesome

9. Mike310

Mike310 Member

cool pics! Looks like a whole bunch of fun!

10. Grumplecharge

Grumplecharge New Member

Damn that looks like an awesome spot.