Afternoon loop to High Rocks.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by CatFlap, Aug 10, 2014.

1. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

I got in a bit more riding today. Went up 4610 to High Rocks through the washout and looped around to play on the twisty pavement home (We can still enjoy that every so often on a dual sport right?....)

The job the KTM guys did on the washout is still holding up. This is the second time I've ridden through it in the past month. Even saw a couple KTMs going the other way on my way up.
    [​IMG]

The CRF waiting patiently for me to come get it as I take a quick walk to see how it all looks.
    [​IMG]

Was a nice day up at High Rocks. The small fire to the south of it along the road was out when I rode by on my way out.
    [​IMG]

Just a spot I took a break at.
    [​IMG]

Wandered for awhile down a road and then it ended....
    [​IMG]

Turning around on a small hill on a dead end road the CRF decided it was nap time. I told it to wait until we got home but it never listens. don't really know what happened. It stopped, the rear tire spun a bit and I fell over. hehe
    [​IMG]

Just takin' a break by the river.
    [​IMG]

The last few days of wandering around on the CRF.
    The trip in town was to the Aerostitch event. Got me some of those really comfy elk skin gloves. Of course I took a non direct scenic route to and from that as well. :)
    [​IMG]

2. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Looks like an awesome loop.

We don't have anything like that available to ride in CT. There are only two "legal" riding spots in the state and aren't very big either (Maybe 5 miles end-to-end for the spot near me).

3. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

This was all just on forest roads. The one happened to have a section wash away several years ago though and it just keeps getting gnarlier. So it provides a bit of technical riding though it's just a regular road that will probably never be repaired.
    We have several areas with legal marked trails around. But it's fire season now and most of the trails are closed for fire season.

4. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Gotcha! Sure is beautiful there. Beautiful here too but I have to hike or MTB to most of those in CT.