[American Motorcyclist Association] - Beta's Nick Burson wins round 7 of AMA National Hare...

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

The following is an industry press release...

[​IMG]
    Purvines/Beta team rider Nick Burson won round seven of the AMA National Hare & Hound Championship Series held in Panaca, Nev., this past weekend. The Beta and desert racing veteran pulled a holeshot in the dusty conditions and led from start to finish aboard his Collin Woolsey prepped Beta 480 RR.

Burson (right) describes his race, "Heading out on the 2nd loop I knew I had to hold the lead and use the dust to my advantage. I set off and put my head down and had a really good 2nd loop. I started flowing a lot better and riding the way I know I can. I opened up about a 1-minute lead and came into the pits for another splash of gas and a fresh pair of X-brand goggles. They told me in the pits that I had a decent lead. I set out on the 3rd loop to maintain my lead and bring home the win. The 3rd loop was pretty uneventful which was good for me. I opened up more of a lead and felt strong all the way to the finish. I came into the finish to take home my first National Hare and Hound win of the season"

Burson's teammate Axel Pearson finished out the day in sixth after fighting traffic and dust all day. The Beta racer, also aboard a 480 RR now sits fourth in the championship and only nine points away from second.

The Beta Factory team was back East this weekend in Moorestown, Michigan at round eight of the AMA National Enduro series. While the team set some fast special test times, lady luck was not on the racer's side as the day ended with Jesse Groemm finishing in 8th, Cory Buttrick in 10th, and Justin Sode a distant 28th overall.

"The Jack Pine national started off well. I finished 3rd overall in the second test and felt strong going into the third test. But due to breaking my shift lever I lost over two and a half minutes in the 3rd and 4th tests combined. I some how salvaged a 8th overall finish, it was a big learning experience , I'm looking forward to the next race. A big thanks to Beta USA , and all our great sponsors!" Groemm explains.

Buttrick explains, "The Jack Pine Enduro did not go as planned at all as I am not happy with a 10th place finish. There are still two races left to get me to where I need to be. I think the points are fairly tight and obviously I am back a little ways but anything can happen. I'm excited to race my Beta 430 RR at the next two enduros in Indiana to redeem myself. Thank you to all my sponsors for making this happen."

Next up for the East Coast team is Round 10 of the GNCC series on September 20th at Unadilla, New York. The Beta Factory Endurocross team returns to action in Sacramento, California on September 26th.

Click here for full story...