Bouncy front end

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by 1157jonboy, Sep 30, 2019.

1. 1157jonboy

1157jonboy New Member

Hi, I've just bought a 2019 CRF250L which I love to bits. However there are certain times on totally flat roads at around 30-40mph when I get an annoying po-go bouncing front end. It feels like the road is rippled but its not. If I'm doing 70mph on the motorway its not noticeable and if I'm flowing round the lanes at 50-60mph its not noticeable. I have 3 mates who also have the same bike and theirs doesn't do it. I spoke to the Honda dealer I bought the bike from and they said to check the chain tension which I thought was a bit odd as the bounciness is purely from the front end. Anyway I checked the chain and its bang on 30mm as the handbook suggests. Its booked in for its 1st service in a couple of weeks so I will ask them to have a look, but I wanted to test the water on the forum to see if anyone else has had the same issue and what the cause was. Thanks in advance, Jon.

2. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Maybe check wheel balance and tire pressure.

superfunkomatic likes this.
  3. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

I agree. Check balance of your wheels or tire pressure. If it's not a brand new bike it could also be tire wear.

4. 1157jonboy

1157jonboy New Member

Thanks for your reply guys it’s going in for it’s 1st service next week so I’ve explained what’s happening and they’re gonna investigate. I’ll post up whatever they find......