CRF250L 12 liter tank

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Volker FahrLässig, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Volker FahrLässig

Volker FahrLässig New Member

2. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Thanks for the translation! About the only things I recognize in German are Porsche, Audi, BMW, and VW. :)

3. Volker FahrLässig

Volker FahrLässig New Member

German Blue Chip's
    For the sake of completeness
    we won't forget
    SAP Mercedes Benz Bosch Braun
    ;):thumbup: (Sponsoring modus off)

Thank You for your reply
    English........... for me is still a challenge, a great experiment
    I'will give my best.

4. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

HAHA. Yes!

Don't worry about your English. It is already better than most native speakers. :)

I'll throw another sponsor your way ... Merkur. :D

5. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I really would like a bit more range than the stock tank provides...

Vman1313 and TTOversteer like this.
  6. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Yeah, I don't usually stray far from a gas station, but it would be nice to not have range anxiety on the slightly longer trips ... say 120 miles round trip without anxiety would be nice. I know I can do that range, but only if I hyper mile. And I NEVER hypermile. :D

7. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

The 2 gallon tank is my ONLY complain about my CRF250L. Santa is bringing me a 2 Gallon RotoPax system which will give me a 200 mile total range. I went with this route because I just couldnt justify paying over 250 bucks for one and then the installation. Just my opinion and monetary situation...hehehe! If I had all the money in the world to blow I would definitely get an afermarket 3 gallon tank.

TTOversteer likes this.
  8. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

i dont really mind the stock tank size, 7.78L gets me about 270km on the highway and if i ever need to go farther i carry a 5L aux tank on the back.

however, my cabin in BC is 296km from my house and it rustled my jimmies that i had to stop for gas on the way there, so i fixed that:

i installed a custom made 1.2L tank in the front fairing of my EVO-1 kit, plus the extra fuel lines, and the fact i blocked off the fuel vapor release drain ( i made my own that went higher up) i actually can fit a total of 9.4L now, which gets me about 320km now, more then enough for and A to B trip.

its the red cylinder in the photo below.

[​IMG]

mounted in the front, just under the headlight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TTOversteer likes this.
  9. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Nice mods! I'm not nearly that crafty, or brave to add a custom fuel tank.

But that fairing is awesome! I have always loved the "Dakar" rally look. Are those auxiliary lights tucked just above the front fender?

10. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

they sure are buddy!

they are 1080lm each LED, so 9 total= 9720lm, so 7 times brighter then OEM highbeam lol.

i made them myself on my CNC machine. im actually currently selling them on HID planet:
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?61439-MK-s-Mini-Light-Bar-Official-Sales-Thread

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i will have a full "build thread" up soon. just waiting on some parts.

TTOversteer likes this.
  11. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

You are crafty!!!! :thumbup: