do you guys have a lot of vibration on high rpm range?

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by kavid2017, Sep 5, 2016.

1. kavid2017

kavid2017 New Member

I would like to know if you experience a lot of vibrations on mid to high rpm ranges.
    I know crf250ls are single cylinder, it is prone to vibration.
    but it has counterbanlancer.
    I just wanna know if other crf250ls also experience a lot of vibration on mid to high rpm ranges.
    when I ride I usually keep the rpms low, because mid to high rpm produce vibrations and my hands feel shaky after a while.
    I just wish I could enjoy full ranges of rpm when I ride my crf250l.

2. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

I had a KLR650 and it felt like riding a paint mixer at Home Depot.
    This bike is really smooth considering the size of the motor. Very little vibration until you get over 100 km/h (60 mph). I shift early right up into sixth gear at about 80 km/h and it does just fine. It's not a good bike for extended freeway use, which is a good way to remind us to take the road less travelled on backroads.

3. crfGary

crfGary New Member

I had the same feelings with my hands after riding my crf250l on the highway and I replaced the hand grips with 7/8" foam grips and it helps. They were less than 10.00(BikeMasters 170500).

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  4. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

What tyres at you running, could be a combination of things, even the wear level has been mentioned in other threads

5. BertAxel

BertAxel New Member

I did some 125km/hr riding yesterday when i went home from france. Smooth as silk. 8000+ rpm all the way.

superfunkomatic likes this.
  6. crfGary

crfGary New Member

I am going to try some Shinko 705 tires after I wear these knobby tires out.

7. Lee6R

Lee6R Member

CRF very smooth for a single but all motors have a resonance point where they vibrate a bit more.
    I have a triple too and that causes more 'white finger' thru vibes than my CRF.