ECU install

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L General Discussion' started by JBsurf, Mar 31, 2017.

1. JBsurf

JBsurf New Member

Just replaced the ECU with one from the CBR250R, will I need to do an EJK adjustment?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Mike310

Mike310 Member

300R? What is this for?

3. JBsurf

JBsurf New Member

The CRF250l is detuned somewhat from the same engine in the CBR250R, the throttle body is 2mm larger and the ECU delivers a more aggressive fuel curve and advanced timing. I mistakenly entered 300R. Adding these 2 parts from the 250R you get improved HP

4. Mike310

Mike310 Member

Did you do this swap? What year 250R's apply? Did you install a new throttle body on your 250L? This is my first time hearing about this.

5. JBsurf

JBsurf New Member

A quick bit of research on the various CBR250R sites and Thumper Talk will help, see what you can find, i`ll check for a link too

6. Mike310

Mike310 Member

I'm going to do the big bore kit and call it day. This is a great bike and I like having it. But my 05 CR85R just smokes my 250L

7. Arlo

Arlo New Member

So what year cbr250r is the ecu you used out of? Have you got it running yet? Is it a nice improvement? did you use the throttle body as well?

8. JBsurf

JBsurf New Member

I have not gotten the larger throttle body, looked but havent pulled the trigger,,,, bike seems about the same as before the ECU install, running great, quick as ever...