EFM Auto Clutch for CRF250L

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by Angie Washo, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Angie Washo

Angie Washo New Member

I've been looking for anyone who has installed an EFM auto clutch in a Honda CRF250L. I have one installed and it is amazing. I did not have to grind anything, the cover installed easily, the whole installation was very easy. It does exactly what it says it will, I never have to pull in the clutch lever at all. Roll off, down shift, come to a stop, roll on, it takes off, up shift and down shift as needed, no clutch at all.

Here's my question, and why I'm looking for someone else who has one. If you have one, did you get the manual clutch lever to work, or is it just not possible to have a manual clutch lever on this model? Mine is still attached, but does not over ride the auto clutch, it does not have any tension on it at all and pulling it makes no difference, so I'm thinking of taking it off unless there is an adjustment that I'm not seeing that could make it worth keeping. Any advice?

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Free bump for more views.

3. Angie Washo

Angie Washo New Member

SO here’s an update.
    I removed the clutch lever, cable and the entire perch, zip tied the interlock switch out of the way and I’ve ridden a few hundred miles.

Start in neutral or first, put it in gear and roll on, off it goes. It doesn’t stall even if I drive really slow in third, and I can take off from a stop in 1,2 or 3. I added a gear indicator since it shifts so smoothly I was wanting confirmation sometimes, but that’s just because I love gadgets. Technical stuff is awesome,no clutch feathering, it really does it by itself. Hard acceleration, no problem, no difference from normal. No slipping at unwanted times, up and down through gears like butter.

superfunkomatic likes this.
  4. beatty_dt

beatty_dt New Member

This good news Thanks for your follow up. I did not know an auto clutch was available.