EJK FI Controller

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by Vman1313, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

Would an EJK FI Controller (without installing an after market exhaust) help performance? Fuel economy? Anything?? Worth the $225 with out exhaust?

2. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

I can only speak to what I have read on the interwebs. But, all signs point to the EJK giving the most bang-for-the-buck boost in performance than anything else. Don't expect better fuel economy, but you might notice a bit more power. I have no direct experience with the EJK.

Honestly, I would recommend reducing the gearing if you just want a boost in acceleration. I reduced down to a 44t rear sprocket and she's a lot faster than before. A 17" rear wheel and street tire helped a lot.

3. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

Thanks for the input TTOversteer.

From all I have read and videos watched, the best bang for the buck seems to be a sprocket change as you have suggested. I am contemplating going to a 13T upfront to see what that does to the bike. Nice thing is, its only around 20 bucks plus install so no big money lost if I dont like.

I am also going to do the airbox mod but more for a throatier sound then performance gains...though a little more air cant hurt performance I would say. I dont want to make the bike louder so thats why I am not really looking at exhausts. Its nice to be stealthy...especially in some of the places I get into. Haha!

Both of those are cheap compared to the 225 smackaroos for the EJK. What I am wanting is a little more get up and go in the lower gears, especially while riding trails. I seemed to either be bogging down in 2nd or high RPMing 1st.

4. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

DO NOT MOD YOUR AIRBOX without the EJK fuel controller. Modding the airbox to allow more air into the engine creates a lean-fuel condition, which will cause harm to your engine.

Based on your post above, I recommend doing the sprocket change first. Then, if you want more, add the EJK. More after that would be the air box mod and/or exhaust.

But I'm with you on being stealthy. I don't need any more noise to announce my presence.

SUMORYDR and Alex like this.
  5. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

Thanks for the heads up...I am hopefully ordering the Sprocket and a 2 gallon RotoPax this week. Will do the Sprocket change and let you know what I think. Thanks again for the heads up about the air box.

Yeah, stealthy is sexy....HAHAHAHA.....especially getting in and out of tight places =)

6. mattkorguk

mattkorguk Member

I have stock gearing (using Renthals) and went for the full FMF system first...then EJK...then DNA filter...then removed snorkel from airbox! As soon as I removed the snorkel it all felt right!! :thumbup:

SUMORYDR and TTOversteer like this.
  7. SUMORYDR

SUMORYDR New Member

Nothing feels better than the whole set up ( and a modded air box ). :)
    250 goodies.jpg