Exhaust for CRF250L/2014

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by Pitrson, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Pitrson

Pitrson New Member

Hi guys,

do anybody install an Yoshimura exhaust (code 123500D520)???
    Here is a link => http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/prodcat/123500d520-honda-crf250l-2013-14-race-rs-4-fs-ss-ss-cf.asp

I want more power from my new CRF250L, but I don't want to spend too much money!
    I found that CBR250R, which have the same engine as my CRF250L has 25kW, so I would be very happy, if I will reach 20kW (and hopefully little more).

So first importnant step is too enlarge diameter of exhaust. This step is also to sharpen a look of my new darling (I have a Yoshimura exhaust on my NC700X and the bike looks much, much better => I don't like Honda's original exhaust => the Honda's exhaust designer is from other planet).

Would be perfect to know, what it make with bike after instalation of Yoshimura exhaust and what is a diameter of exhaust manifold.

Thank you in advance for any helpful information.

2. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

it not all about HP.

TQ is important too.

alot of after market exhausts will give you more tq/hp up high in the rpm range but you will actually lose some HP/tq down low.

the stock exhaust give good low end tq/hp and i wouldn't change it. instead i would spend the $$$$ on a fuel tuner. you will get 3-4 time more hp/tq with a fuel tuner then you ever will with a exhaust mod.

3. Pitrson

Pitrson New Member

I have already ordered the Yoshimura complete exhaust and also I have ordered an EFI controller from brand Wiseco.
    I expect a big change with these new components.
    I am looking forward to spend time with "tunning" ...

4. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

Pics and results when after you are done.:thumbup:

5. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

your full exhaust will give you 1/2 a hp, maybe 1 hp at best. it wil also save alot of weight, the stock muffler weighs alot.

the fuel tuner will make the bike day and night tho. a much better investment.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  6. oliviernap

oliviernap New Member

Dear all, I've tried almost everything one my crf250l
    in terms of exhaust , to get the best low and mid rev results I finally recommend,
    1/ Standard airbox but airlifter without the grille
    2/ standard muffler BUT Arrow racing down pipe
    3/ 13X42 bracket for off road
    4/ discard the ejk fuel controller , useless without modifying the airbox

I would be happy to answer any question

Faithfully

Olivier From France

Alex likes this.