hello from the northwet

Discussion in 'New Members' started by motorat, Oct 29, 2018.

1. motorat

motorat New Member

I got my crf250l a month ago and have been playing with it. It now has new grips, a rear rack,bar risers, skid plate and a corbin seat. It's main purpose is to explore the forest service roads around here...and there are a lot of them. I plan to do a peak to peak ride this summer...Mt St. Helens, Mt Adams, Mt Rainier.
    one of the members over at ADVrider made this map, it make rout planning easier......just look for the squiggly line.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...&ll=46.21120746689142,-121.59446841063573&z=9

superfunkomatic likes this.
  2. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

It's a great bike and perfect for that kind of trip. You'll have to share some photos of your journey. I've done plenty of road riding around that area but no dual sport riding.

3. ADVKTN

ADVKTN New Member

Hi Joe,

I just got mine Monday and plan to do the same. Hope to see you on the trails!

4. motorat

motorat New Member

Excellent!

5. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

You're building a PNW riding group already. :thumbup:

6. motorat

motorat New Member

ha!
    I was out playing on L1000 above washougal and there was a guy on a 1200 gs.....he didn't look like he was having a good time but the crf was a joy on the gravel.

7. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Just go, Tarp, sleeping bag, food & drink, head for them wild roads, Oh and loads of fuel

8. motorat

motorat New Member

thanks. I got a forest service map yesterday now I'm route planning....gonna be fun.

9. ADVKTN

ADVKTN New Member

What map did you get? I had a little accident on the 14th and am waiting for my ribs to heal before having fun on the CRF, but I have started the adventure set up for her. Rack, bags and misc farkles.

10. motorat

motorat New Member

11. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

Sore ribs? Were you doing stunts again? :rolleyes:
    I think we should plan a trip for 2020 - BDR routes....
    Our little bikes would be perfect for that.

12. motorat

motorat New Member

yes on the BDR!!

13. ADVKTN

ADVKTN New Member

Yes, Doing stunts, some idiot decided to pull into my lane as traffic was coming to a stop and stop short I do not know how he could not see me as it was dark & my light is bright ... Thank goodness for muscle memory & quick reflexes. Wet road started to slide and moved further right to hit the shoulder and in the mud slid and fell over. Thankfully the only thing hurt was ribs, and I did not slam into him. Yes we should plan BDR Routes!! I am looking forward to the little bike. Just got my Nelson Rig Saddlebags in today! This is going to be more fun than the NC.