Hi from 250L Heaven - Mountains of North GA

Discussion in 'New Members' started by CarGuy451, Feb 5, 2021.

1. CarGuy451

CarGuy451 New Member

Hi, I'm Carl from Blairsville GA. I've had my 250L for about a year, and a 250 KLR for about a year before that. Did street bikes for about 35 years with a little, unintentional, off-highway riding. After I totaled my 1400 Connie, I decided to try INTENTIONAL off-highway riding. And I've never looked back.

Union County GA may be the best palace in the world for off-roading. Hundreds of miles of Forest Service roads (half of the county is NFS land) - - - and a F.S. Off Highway Vehicle Park - Beasley Knob. It has something for everyone! From Jeeps - to Razors - to UTVs - to ATVs - to Dirt Bikes - to Rock Crawlers. Unfortunately, it's muddy / slippery most of the time.

I've upped my rear sprocket from 40 to 42. And I have a 45 if I ever decide I want to change chains.

I want to stay with the 250 (weight) but I am looking for some power mods, and more aggressive tires. Currently SHINKO 21Fz / E-700A. Suggestions welcome. 90-95% of my time is on county or Forest Service (improved dirt) roads.

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Welcome!