If You Had A Wish List $$

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L General Discussion' started by Starflight, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Starflight

Starflight New Member

Hey out there :)
    I am 99% sure I will be buying a 2019 CRF 250L Rally after the Vancouver, Canada motorcycle show. I just sold a 2017 Africa Twin - a great bike but too heavy and awkward for the trails I really want to ride.
    So this Thread........
    After buying the new bike. If you had $2000 to spend on mods, performance, accessories... what would you buy? [ top quality ]
    Thanks for any posted wish list. And I am in Canada so that has to be a source consideration too.
    Thanks
    Courtney. :D

2. Bryce

Bryce New Member

I have a 2018 Rally. For more power, remove air box snorkel and air filter screen and add EJK / FMF Q4 / Megabomb header. To keep the noise down, put the 1-1/8" insert on the Q4, FMF part #040630. I am also 6' tall so put on Knight Design foot pegs which are 7/8" lower than the stock pegs which gave me perfect geometry for standing up on the trails. I also removed the stock mirrors because they get in the way on the trails. I added a doubletake enduro mirror that can be moved out of the way on the trails. In the spring, I am adding the CRFsonly pro suspension package. I also replaced the stock battery with a lithium unit to shed a few pounds. That's all I have for now. Oh, and a Giant Loop Great Basin bag for ADV/camping :). This bike is perfect for my needs. I can commute to work all week on it and then hit the trails all weekend or ride a BDR.

3. Starflight

Starflight New Member

Hi Bryce, Thanks for your list. 4 items that concern me right away are - the best sump guard - the best radiator guard - the best hand guards and wind deflectors combo. Good crash bars. Ideas: :)
    Courtney.

4. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Oh yea, forgot about protection. I added Tusk D-Flex handguards to mine. They are solid and have decent wind deflection. If you want more wind deflection, the D-Flex Pro guards are larger. That is the only protection I have on mine. I don't ever fall/crash so found it unnecessary for my bike so can't be of much help here.

5. Starflight

Starflight New Member

Hi - thanks for the hint. I will look into them. I have read they are hard to install needing a few modifications before they will go on properly.
    No need to reply. :)

6. SyracuseSteve

SyracuseSteve New Member

[​IMG] Here is mine

Attached Files:

superfunkomatic likes this.
  7. DJH

DJH New Member