Just had an issue-starter stays engaged when you turn the key off

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by ADVKTN, Jul 28, 2019.

1. ADVKTN

ADVKTN New Member

The only thing I can imagine is the switch must be stuck? I just disconnected to positive terminal as I put here away in my storage unit(I only have room for 1 bike at home and had to bring the commuter home) Quite a dusty weekend off road riding, just got home after a 6 hour ride home, on the way home I turned off the bike while stuck in traffic and she would not start. I have a lithium battery in it, I would push it a couple of steps in 2nd & she would fire back up. After traffic
    started moving I double checked and killed the engine with the kill swich and she would start up. Any ideas where to start? I have very limited time to work on her and a ride in 11 days....

2. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

Any luck? Is it water or gunk in the right-hand switchgear? Maybe the starter button is not making a complete circuit or getting stuck.

3. ADVKTN

ADVKTN New Member

Yes, luck!! I hooked the battery back up and all was good! I have an extra relay, & Starter. In following the wiring I have determined it can only be the relay was stuck, that is the only way the starter would get power to run.

4. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

Good to hear!