MCC Testing Trial

Discussion in 'CRF's At Speed' started by JR45, Aug 19, 2014.

1. JR45

JR45 Member

Go on then, I'll start this one off...
    http://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/events/testing.htm
    This is the event that I did last month. It's a fairly social type event. There are four simple classes - two wheels, three wheels, four wheels with a roof and four wheels without a roof. There are usually 14 short sections - laid out with cones on rough ground which take between 30 and 90 seconds to complete. There are usually two rounds of each section before lunch and two after. The event is not all about speed, it's about accuracy too - there are time penalties for hitting cones or falling off. There are prizes for the fastest competitors, but also one for regularity (ie the smallest time difference between each of the four rounds.
    This year is my first time on my new, shiny CRF instead of my old, tatty KE100. I still came about the middle of my class, so maybe it's not the bike - maybe I just have no talent ! Anyway, it's a fun day out and I will be back next year to try again...

2. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Oh COOL! That looks fun. Almost a cross between Rally-X and Trials riding. I wanted to autocross my motorcycle but couldn't find any events in my area. I used to autocross my cars every weekend for years... great fun!

3. JR45

JR45 Member

4. JR45

JR45 Member

It's that time of year again... MCC Testing Trial is next weekend. No competing for me this year, although I will be marshalling...
    ( I shouldn't actually be in the country, so didn't renew my ACU Trials Registration for this year... )