Must do Mods on a 17' Rally

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by bulldog82098, Apr 1, 2018.

1. bulldog82098

bulldog82098 New Member

Just bought a 17' Rally and am a new forum member. Have been doing some research and
    have come to the conclusion that the EKJ Fuel Injection Programmer part # 9110044 is the
    one to buy! (If not the only one available)
    I need/want to do the air breather mod and muffler mod that I have seen on YouTube.
    What is the consensus on the best methods for both?
    O beleive the 17' head pipe is larger than in the past
    so it doesn't need to be replaced but is a slip on muffler
    better than the mod?

I have tried doing several searches on the forum with no luck, maybe
    someone can send me a few links?

ANY info/opinions would greatly be appreciated!!!!!

2. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Member

I have a 2016 CRF250L with a Leo Vince exhaust - no noticeable difference in how it rides, sounds better though.
    If you just got the bike I'd ride it for a bit first before you modify fuel programming, exhaust and such. You might be surprised at how fun it is to ride 'right out of the box'.
    The only mods I've made have been protective mods for the bike and otherwise just enjoy riding it in places where my larger bike (CRF1000L Africa Twin) is beyond my skills or comfort zone.
    Nice pic on the new Goldwind, too. That's an absolutely awesome bike.
    Good luck with your new Rally.

3. Evergreen Life

Evergreen Life Member

Pretty sure they revised the air box in '17 with a larger boot so no need to mod that. the exhaust was also upgraded from a 3 chamber to a 2 chamber in (if my memory serves me right) '17 increasing hp so you might be fine with that as well. I'm with superfunk, ride it a bunch and go from there. Read about all the changes/ upgrades from 16 to 17 before doing any mods first. There were many changes.

Also be cautious when buying aftermarket parts, many are not compatible with '17+ models. I started a compatibility thread you might want to check out.

Enjoy!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018