Must Do Trails or Routes (Dual Sport / Dirt Bike)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Vman1313, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

I am planning a 30 day trip early June starting in Georgia to California, up to Seattle, and back to Georgia. Along the way my girlfriend and I will be visiting various National Parks. We are planning some hiking, kayaking, and anything else outside INCLUDING some dual sporting on my CRF250L. My route will take me thru south Colorado, north New Mexico, south Utah, north Arizona, Las Vegas area, and middle to north California. Has anyone visited, rode, or heard of MUST DO's trails or rides in any of these areas? So far I have found Moab, Utah. Any other suggestions?

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I'm jealous. Once you make it to Norcal I might have some ideas for you, but in the meantime I'm hoping you get some additional suggestions. :thumbup:

3. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

@Alex - maybe we can hit Metcalf while I am out there or anywhere else you think is cool.

I have received some great ideas here and on AdvRider but once I have some good plans I will post here to share with all.

4. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

:thumbup:

5. Matt

Matt New Member

SUPER JEALOUS !

Have you considered doing part of it on the Trans-American Trail? it seems to follow your route pretty good :)

6. Vman1313

Vman1313 Member

@Matt - its a vacation that my GF and I are taking in my Tacoma and I am just bringing the ole Dual Sport with for fun. I have been looking into doing some of the TAT since I saw it starts in TN not too far north from me here in GA. While looking into that, I saw the TET which is the Trans Eastern Trail which is around GA and it sounds cool. Id love to try the TET or TAT one day! Thanks for the suggestion =)