My first off(s) in the dirt (rocks).

Discussion in 'Videos' started by CatFlap, May 2, 2014.

1. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Went and rode some of the OHV trails outside of Hood River today.
    Had a couple bails and also had the GoPro going at the time.

First one is just the stock front tire doing it's thing (or not...) and the bike sliding out from under me.
    Second one was a bit more violent. Couldn't get the control and speed in line going down a hill of loose rocks and BAM.
    Nothing broken except scratches and such.
    A bit of slo-mo of the second one at the end.

NOTE: I know some of you have families and such so a warning ahead of time. There is language. Choice words are used during crashes you know. ;)

Some riding of the trail in between the crashes. It was mostly a double black diamond trail. I really should not have ridden it during what was my first time on actual trails I think...... hehe
    Rode plenty of forest roads, but today was my first trail day.

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Looks like you're having fun! Any residual soreness?

3. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Plenty. I have a bruise on the back of my shoulder the size of a grapefruit. Little bit of other soreness here and there. But I was wearing most of the right gear (I just had jeans on instead of my riding pants that have padding). So came away pretty well from the day. :)

And the CRF rode great on the highway on the way home. So nothing got tweaked it seems. Pretty stout little bike.

Can't wait to get out there again. :thumbup:

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  4. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Glad to hear it. :thumbup: When I augered in, it was hard enough to tweak the forks quite a bit, but loosening them up and repositioning them seemed to fix most of the problem. I need to do it again with more precision, as they are still slightly off; but I believe it's fixable.

5. captain canuck

captain canuck Member

Nice! :D gotta love it when you come across a massive tree blocking your trail. I always carry a foldable saw with me so i can get around smaller fallen trees like that if they're not low enough to hop over. Or better yet do like my friend does and carry a chainsaw on the back of your bike haha.

6. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Yeah that giant tree would have been a bit much unless I had a chainsaw along. hehe
    Lucky for me there was already a trail formed around it.