New horn

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Farkles' started by TTOversteer, Jul 30, 2015.

1. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

So I used to have a pair of Hella Supertone horns in my old Subaru. But I sold the car and kept the horns.

What to do with them? Hmmm... Replace the weak CRFL horn! Yes! Because I had a pair of horns, I hooked the 300hz to my CRFL and the 500hz to my girlfriend's CBR.

These things are LOUD! Very loud. They are even louder if I hook up a relay to wire them "properly". I just plugged them up to the factory harness for now.

Ease of installation: Easy, after I figured out how to get it to fit. On the CBR, the horn fits (barely!) the stock location. On the CRFL, I mounted to the stock location, but the horn sits outside the plastic. I'll grab a pic in a few minutes.

Oh, I didn't tell my GF that I upgraded her horn. She nearly had a heart attack the other day when she used it the first time. :D

JR45 and Alex like this.
  2. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Here's a picture ...

[​IMG]

3. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

the factory harness uses a relay to send power to the horn. no need to add additional relay. especially because these horns only draw aprox 1.1amp so no issue for the stock harness.

Alex and TTOversteer like this.
  4. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Ah! That's very good to know, thanks! Saves me some time. :)

5. JR45

JR45 Member

I'm a firm believer in LOUD horns - I've upgraded on pretty much every vehicle I've ever had. Haven't done the CRF yet though...

6. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

i put a air train horn on my 2002 honda civic lol.

JR45 and TTOversteer like this.
  7. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I like the stebel horns but I find they are bulky for a little dirt bike