Newbie on Board

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tigger, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and haven't even got a CRF250L yet, I have ordered one and am now in possession of a Registration Number, I'm excited and it won't be long until the day of delivery,

I'm an old git with 40+ years of riding bikes of most genres, Currently I have an XVS1100 Dragstar Custom (had it since 2001), also I have a 2 year old Tiger800xc and a lovely wife who also rides bikes, she has a Harley at present.

Hopefully this forum will be a two way street for all of us, I look forward to sharing and caring,

All the Best Jeff (aka Tigger or Tiggs)

Raunds Northamts UK

2. gbk69

gbk69 New Member

A belated welcome! I believe you are going to love the CRF. I've only had mine since January but it's already one of my all time favorites! I recently sold my 2013 Bonneville, which I sort of regret but hey - there are more to buy! My wife also rides (we both have Harley's and she has a TW200). I'm sometimes tempted to dump the Harley's and get a bigger ADV (Tiger 800 xcx or Africa Twin)...anyway, happy travels!

3. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Thanks for the reply, My wife and I both ride too, she has a Harley and I have a Tiger 800 xc and XVS1100 custom.
    The Tiger is a great bike for touring and tracks etc but I struggle with it's weight and height in proper off road situations, plus the fact I don't want to drop over £8k of bike in the dirt,

I had a TW200 in Zante a few years ago and had a real hoot around the island, (in shorts a tee shirt, trainers and a sun hat....:( )

I get my CRF on Tuesday the 5th June

Cheers Jeff

4. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Welcome!

5. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Got my CRF on Tuesday brand new, after just 8 miles I took it off road down muddy green lanes...seems criminal on a bright shiny bike but was great fun.

Alex likes this.