RPM

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by Erodricky, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Erodricky

Erodricky New Member

I'm thinking of doing stage one because I want a more off road capable bike. However I do a fair amount of on road riding and feel like the bike is already over revving when going downhill(with stock gearing). It's a slow bike so I ride wide open all the time and I like it that way. So my question is if I start doing some mods will I have to let off the throttle on the road for fear of wearing the engine?

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I'm not sure I follow?

3. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

I think what you are getting at is "Do you have to be easier on the throttle on the road with the stage one"? The answer to that would be no. You will likely notice that with more power, you won't need as much throttle. In effect, the engine isn't working as hard as it would be without the stage one.

If you are worried about high RPM situations on the road due to gearing, well, just don't ride as fast. However, the few times I do get on the highway I cruise at about 75mph which is pretty much red-line with my gearing. I don't worry about it as long as I'm not bouncing off the rev limiter.

I ride my bike WOT pretty much all the time and the engine works hard. But, I don't worry about it because:
    A. It is a Honda.
    B. I properly maintain my equipment.
    C. A and B.

Erodricky likes this.