Rudland Rigg

Discussion in 'Videos' started by cowboy, May 5, 2014.

1. cowboy

cowboy Member

BY UK standards this is a quite a long, fully legal off-road route which crosses the North York Moors from north to south.
    The full length of it must be around 20 miles.
    Here I joined it at the mid-point and rode the southern half, which is still quite a long rough and to start very steep track - with some difficult loose, sandy and rocky sections.

Later the same day

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Looks like a fun road and nice area to ride through. :thumbup:

3. cowboy

cowboy Member

Yesterday evening I did the northern section of this route, including up the extremely rough track onto the tops at Ingleby.
    There was some roughly executed repair work being done which made some sections pretty difficult too, but will be better when packed down over time I guess.

The CRF was almost defeated climbing rock steps while bouncing over boulders on a very steep uphill section, and I had to climb off and walk it up the worst part.
    I was alone so not about to take risks that might have resulted in being stuck up there after dark!

Once onto the relatively level plateau the main feature is the amazing vistas but you have to keep speed sensible and beware of sudden rough and washed out sections.

The Drift Ghost suffered slight lens fogging (inside) as the temperature fell to about 12C higher up.

4. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Fun video! The rocky climb around 6 minutes was no joke. :thumbup: