SFRC Back 40 ride. (Of doom)

Discussion in 'Videos' started by CatFlap, Nov 30, 2014.

1. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Been a little while since I've gotten on here. Life has been busy plus I had a computer meltdown and had to build a new one, lost my bookmarks and have been slowly finding my fave sites and getting things back to normal.

But I got a video to make up for it.

A local club that normally focuses mainly on vintage sport bikes and such did and annual dual sport ride.
    Last year they did it in the much lower and milder coastal mountains. This year they decided to try and head over the Cascade range near Mt. Hood. Forecast was for a bit of snow. Only rules were no GPS and no real maps allowed. Each team given a poorly drawn map and expected to bring your own compass. Each team was also given a "survival kit". One such kit just consisted of a couple small bottles of whiskey, and a couple cigars. hehe
    45 riders split into teams and only 4 made it to the other side........ (All made it out safe but a couple bikes had to get left up there until a 4x4 could get up there and drag them out)
    My CRF was up to it but I was just too damn tired to make it all the way after "paddeling" through almost a foot of snow for miles. I know the roads up there no problem so me and a few others decided to take a shortcut back to low elevation. Others had decided to turn back once the snow got over a couple inches deep.
    Was never so happy to see bare pavement on my dual sport....... ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIWSHjQhRZ8

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    shiredevon and TTOversteer like this.
  2. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Except for that last bit in the deep snow, the rest of the ride looks like it was awesome.

3. CatFlap

CatFlap Member

Yeah the deep snow is fun for a little bit. But we had several miles of it and it got really tiring.

4. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

What is this "snow"? :cool:

CatFlap and TTOversteer like this.