Trying Adsense

Discussion in 'Forum Information' started by Alex, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

The traffic here has been light enough that ad space really didn't matter, so I haven't prioritized this. I was working on the adspace on another forum recently, and wanted to take what I learned over here. The ads should be relatively unobtrusive here, with one in the sidebar on the main page, and a pair of them along the bottom of most pages. I haven't been happy with one in the header as of yet, without taking up too much space, so I'll work on that when I have more time to get it right.

Please post up if you see anything weird or unexpected. The new google ad code is supposed to resize itself to whatever size browser window someone is using, so hopefully there won't be too many page glitches.

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I added a toggle switch in preferences, for people to disable advertising if they choose. Will likely have it flip on the first of each month, but don't have that implemented yet.

3. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

OK, that flip is now in place. People can disable all ads right within their preferences, but on the first of each month they get toggled back on.

4. doubleclick2001

doubleclick2001 New Member

Alex, you make a very good job with your forum. So, i will keep advertising on