Tusk DSport Adventure tire review

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by RustyOlTruck, Jun 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. RustyOlTruck

RustyOlTruck New Member

I thought I'd present my thoughts on the Tusk DSport Adventure tires because there aren't many reviews out there.

Bike: 2016 CRF250L
    tires: Tusk DSport Adventure 90/90X21 and 120/90X18, price: $50 and $55 US respectively. All in: tax, duty and shipping to Kamloops, BC, Canada: $196 US
    These tires are DOT rated. I believe these are Rocky Mountain ATV's house brand?

The tires shipped out of Calgary, Alberta even though email stated shipping from Utah. I got them in 5 days!

I have done two short-medium length rides on them: 210 km on mixed single track, short snow sections, quad trails, forest service roads and secondary pavement. Then 80 km on steep, dusty, rocky BC single track.
    pressures: 12 psi rear, 14 psi front

Impressions: first, the tires look great! the lugs are very blocky, they have aggressive shoulders.
    They are quite stiff, and I got them mounted at the shop so can't comment on how it was to spoon that rear on.
    They squirmed on pavement but only for a few km until they scuffed in. I found they were fine on pavement after that, I had no problem doing 80-120 kmph on twisty pavement. On forest service roads they hummed along fine at 80-100 kmph, and the front bit well on loose gravel. On steep rocky sections and in twisty woods single track, the tires were awesome, tons of traction, same with the mud and the snow I encountered. I did get into some super deep loose gravel and the bike did move around a bit, but I attribute that to the surface.

I've run Millvilles (I know, not street legal), the Dunlop D606 rear/Pirelli MT21 rear/front combo, and of course the stock IRCs (which sucked). These tires were my favourite.

I can't comment on wear yet, but I'm super happy with them.
    I can recommend these if you are looking for an aggressive tire and ride more dirt than asphalt.

superfunkomatic likes this.
  2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Nice review! Thread moved to Tech Talk...